Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The updates keep coming

I've played everyday this week at Palomar.. the people are coming back and the pots are good sized. Finally broke the money barrier both yesterday (8th) and today (9th) for a total of $120. I have been all in on the first hand every day this week (very unusual for me) losing on Mon and Tues but doubling up this morning. Then on the 3rd hand today I got another player all in basically tripling me up in the first three hands. I pretty much rode that and one or two other winners to the final tables. Both yersterday and today I was one card away from going deep and making some good money. Today was a perfect example... we just got to the final table and we were all getting paid. We played a couple of hands with blinds of 500-1000. I had 5500 in chips when the player under the gun raised to $3000. I looked down at AJ unsuited and decided he would push with a wide range of hands so I went all in over the top. everyone else folded and he turned over KQ of hearts. I had the lead and asked the dealer to keep the cards low and black which she did right up until the river when she turned the K of diamonds. Instead of having 10-12,000 in chips and the chance to go deep, I collected my $50 and will try again tomorrow. Been playing really well and it looks like the luck is beginning to turn... maybe just in time for the WSOP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment