Monday, April 26, 2010

You wanted Updates....

I'll give you updates! Went to palomar again this morning and started off pretty much the way things have been going... actually got all in with 2 pair on the first hand and lost to the guy to my left with a river straight. I rebought and played one or two minor hands before the end of the rebuy period. On the last hand of the rebuy period I have $1425 in my stack. You need $1475 or less to rebuy. I looked down at AJ and the first two guys limped in for $100. I had three options... lay the hand down and rebuy (I had already rebought once and didn't want to again), lay down the hand and play after the break with the chips I had left or push all in an play if I won and go home if I didn't. I pushed all in and got two callers. I hit a river jack to triple up (plus some) and was able to keep playing. I then went on a nice run. I had pocket K's three or four times, won some other hands and by the time we got to two tables I had about 10-12,000 in chips. A few hands later, the guy to my left raised and I called with AQ figuring I would see what came on the flop. Sure enough the flop came AQ4... I checked to slow play figuring someone would bet and I could come over the top. Everyone, including the pre flop raiser to my left checked. The turn came K clubs giving backdoor club and straight draws so i decided not to slow play any more and went all in... the guy to my left called and everyone else folded. I showed my two pair and he turned over a pair of K's for three kings and the win. It cost me over half my stack and although I managed to stick around until 11th place, I was soon out without any money. We are almost there maybe things will be different next time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment