Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Almost Monday Magic

Decided to see if i could rekindle the Monday magic at Palomar that let me win twice in the last three weeks. Unfortunately they changed the format again adding an extra 1000 chip option for $5. Although it sounds good but we quickly realized it would severely cut down on the number of rebuys, so i definitely did not want to rebuy unless absolutely necessary. I made it through most of the two rebuy periods losing chips but still had about 1500 with just a couple of minutes left. I looked down to see a QJ suited in spades... the blinds were 50/100 an early player raised to 300 and I just decided to call. A player after me went all in with slightly less than me and the original raiser also went all in... I finally decided I was getting over 3 to 1 on my money and made the call figuring if I lost I would just walk away. The first player turned over KK and the second player turned over A8 of spades to take away my flush draw. I figured I was done but asked the dealer for a couple of queens or a jacks and sure enough, two jacks on the flop and they held up. But because poker is cruel I later got in a hand with A8 suited and it was gonna cost me about 1/3 of my stack to call two all ins and hopefully take out two players. They both turned over 10/8 suited and the flop came JJ8 rainbow and my Ace was looking good. Unfortunately the turn and the river were both 10's giving them full houses and all the 8's and 10's were out. I lasted a while longer going out in 12th place but they were only paying 5 so I was glad I didn't rebuy.

No comments:

Post a Comment