Monday, March 22, 2010

Not so super WSOP

Well Lisa and I went to our first WSOP Circuit event, a seniors tournament. It was fun and all but not great results. We started with 6000 in chips and I lost at least two thirds of them in the first round with pocket 10's on two occasions. I actually thought I would be out of my first WSOP event in the first round. Luckily I had a pocket pair 8's and limped and hit a set and got a lady to my right to call my all in so I was able to double up. Unfortunately it was short lived... when we got back from the first break I had pocket Q's and bet about 1/3 of my stack... one guy called and the lady I had beaten earlier went all in... I hesitated but decided I had to call with my queens... unfortunately she had pocket K's and my first WSOP event had come to an end. Lisa bust out a few minutes later and we were done for the day. Had fun and am looking forward to going to Vegas this summer and do the WSOP for real!

1 comment:

  1. So did you ever make a decision on how you were going to approach it?

    ReplyDelete